Monday, Jan 4, 6 AM until noon is a scheduled information system outage for the Student Information System (Jenzabar J1) and myEMU. EMU will be upgrading Jenzabar One and myEMU. J1 will be unavailable during this time.
myEMU will be down from 6 AM until approximately 10AM. It may have limited functionality when it is available.
This outage is for J1 and myEMU. EMU payment processing (CashNET) is dependent on J1 and myEMU and will be down some during the J1 outage. PowerFAIDS interface to J1 will not work during the upgrade. Other systems should not be affected.
If you use the J1 client, please quit the client before you end work before Christmas break. If the client is running during the upgrade, you may need to restart your computer after the upgrade for J1 to work correctly.
- Includes a partial update of tax information necessary to pay employees in 2021
- Mandatory tax form updates
- There is a new 1099-NEC form which replaces some 1099-MISC forms
- 1099 MISC form update
- More extensive use of legal names in J1
- Support for Test Location Type
- Fixes some interface problems between J1 and the software EMU uses for financial aid
- Modifies Manage Holds window to allow custom queries based on stored procedures
7:30 AM update: Upgrade is in progress. Both myEMU and J1 Desktop are not currently available.
8:40 AM Update: Upgrade is currently running behind schedule. Still looking to finish myEMU about 10AM and J1 Desktop at noon.
10:15 AM J1 desktop is available for use. The myEMU upgrade is still in progress.
11:30 Both J1 and myEMU are available for use.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Information Systems Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org or 540.432.4357.